The waste management industry is undergoing a change in strategy as a result of the introduction of increasingly arduous legislation, tougher enforcement, and better educated consumers making demands about the environment. This is stimulating considerable investment by the waste industry in alternative technologies to reduce and reuse waste, rather than rely on simple landfill. This sector therefore has an urgent requirement for well qualified staff with management expertise who can meet the challenges of this future sustainable agenda.
The course has been developed, with considerable input from the sector, to address this demand. There are numerous benefits associated with undertaking a postgraduate programme of study at Institut de Formations et de Managements. These include:
- undertake projects in consultation with the waste and resource management industry, government and its agencies, local authorities and consultants
- lecturing from leading academics as well as industrial practitioners
- strong links to the multi-utility, waste and resource management sector
- geographical proximity to authentic waste facilities for site visits
- established capabilities in waste management, environmental technology and processing.