SDMI is a community of students and scholars dedicated to understanding the rapidly changing patterns of today's global world. The expertise of our faculty covers a wide range of themes in International Relations theory, international history, global political economy, security, war and peace studies, the historical sociology of international relations, law, ethics and gender. The geographical scope of our research and teaching includes Europe and North/South America, the Middle East, Asia, Oceania and the former USSR.
We are one of the world's leading centres for research and graduate training in International Relations. We are also unique in combining the general theoretical and empirical study of international and global politics with a focus on political dynamics and developments.
SDMI focuses on :
- sustain and develop scholarship, research, teaching and training in Politics and International Relations, which:
- aspires to best practice in all its activities;
- reflects its scholarship and research in its teaching;
- provides lifelong learning skills appropriate to the disciplines;
- is informed by developments in the other Social Sciences and in the Humanities;
- achieve a reputation for excellence in teaching at all levels through:
- maintaining stimulating, generic and subject specific undergraduate teaching;
- enhancing the postgraduate teaching quality;
- ensuring that its students are equipped with skills which are both relevant and transferable;
It contributes to a wide range of undergraduate teaching programs ranging from single honours political science to an extensive range of courses that combine international studies with a language, as well as a range of joint honours degree schemes (notably with history, economics and sociology).
Our undergraduate program covers general issues about international relations, IR theories, international organizations, international law, international system, and regional issues about International Relations. The number of electives are especially kept high in order to give our students the chance of getting specialized on topics that they are interested in. Undergraduate Program is carried out in English and French.
It has a 3 years long curriculum of SDMI offers a diversity program: