The waste management industry is undergoing a change in strategy as a result of the introduction of increasingly arduous legislation, tougher enforcement, and better educated consumers making demands about the environment. This is stimulating considerable investment by the waste industry in alternative technologies to reduce and reuse waste, rather than rely on simple landfill. This sector therefore has an urgent requirement for well qualified staff with management expertise who can meet the challenges of this future sustainable agenda.
The course has been developed, with considerable input from the sector, to address this demand. There are numerous benefits associated with undertaking a postgraduate programme of study at Institut de Formations et de Managements.
- undertake projects in consultation with the waste and resource management industry, government and its agencies, local authorities and consultants
- lecturing from leading academics as well as industrial practitioners
- strong links to the multi-utility, waste and resource management sector
- geographical proximity to authentic waste facilities for site visits
- established capabilities in waste management, environmental technology and processing
The course will provide students with the breadth and depth of advanced technical and professional knowledge in waste technology and management in order to meet the requirements expected of modern waste managers working in the industrial, government and consulting sectors. The course provides an integrated and cross-disciplinary approach to sustainable waste management and its application. Students will be equipped to select and apply scientific, technical and engineering principles; assess economic consequences and risks of waste management options; and apply acquired knowledge to team working and independent problem solving.