The MA in Hospitality Management seeks to develop students' critical analytic skills and foster their creativity, so that they can respond effectively to key challenges facing the hospitality industry in the 21st century. The key themes that recur throughout the programme include; human resource issues and the management of cultural diversity, strategic management and internationalisation.
The programme develops the knowledge and skills you need to enter a wide range of hospitality positions, both nationally and internationally. It develops personal competence across a broad spectrum of generic management areas, but also contextualises understanding firmly in the hospitality sector. You benefit from interaction with participants from a diverse range of subjects and cultural backgrounds.
The course is structured to take you sequentially from the fundamentals of hospitality management through to more detailed consideration of issues such as globalisation. You gain a broad, yet critical, understanding of the hospitality sector and modern business practices. This provides you with a balanced perspective that enables you to tackle a wide range of hospitality roles with confidence.
Key features of the programme are :
- An integrated programme organised around a series of inter-related case study analyses
- The development of critical analytic skills through applications of theories to the hospitality industry
- A focus on the application of management styles and techniques in the hospitality industry
- A focus on the development of relevant research skills
- Looking for challenges in the national and international sphere of Hospitality sector Enthusiastic about foreign languages